The IBF light flyweight title fight between Juanito Rubillar and champion Ulises Solis will take place in Mexico City on May 17.
Well known boxing promoter/manager Sammy Gello-ani confirmed that the title fight which was originally scheduled to take place in Dubai on April 16 had been called off because of uncertainty and failure of the promoters to keep their commitments.
Gello-ani who represented astute international matchmaker Samson Lewkowicz during the signing of the fight contract by Rubillar and his recognized manager Arlene Elorde in the presence of Games and Amusements Board chairman Eric Buhain, said Lewkowicz had finalized arrangements for the title fight in May.
Gello-ani was peeved over the actions of Elorde and said he was creating unnecessary problems which would, in the end, hurt Rubillar.
Comments
Share your thoughts on the above article by Ronnie Nathanielsz.