Friday, 21 August 2026 · Philippines
News

GANOY TO FIGHT IN U.S.

Columns
Canelo Demands $100 Million for Crawford Rematch
Canelo Demands $100 Million for Crawford Rematch
By Dong Secuya

When fight figures cross into nine-digit guarantees, the conversation usually turns cynica…

IBF Asia Pacific lightweight champion Ranee ?KO Kid? Ganoy is scheduled to make his US debut in a fight card in Oklahoma on April 18 to be telecast by ESPN 2.

The American campaign of the hard-hitting Filipino who fights out of Australia was arranged by influential international matchmaker Samson Lewkowicz following the cancellation of his planned IBF eliminator against Julio Diaz in a planned Third Force promotion in Dubai.

Ganoy is scheduled to face Ghana?s Ray Narh who is himself a knockout artist with 19 KO?s in his 22 wins with only one defeat against Kid Diamond. Who held world champion Joel Casamayor to a draw in 2005.

Well-known boxing manager and promoter Sammy Gello-ani said that he had been asked to help secure a US visa for Ganoy who reportedly has a three-fight deal arranged by Lewkowicz.

Ganoy has a record of 24-10-2 with 20 knockouts including an impressive mauling of former world title challenger Robbie Peden who retired after the bad beating he suffered at the hands of the Filipino. Ganoy who scored an eighth round KO. Ganoy also hammered onetime Commonwealth champion Fatai Onikeke into submission in seven rounds.

Sports Nut, the Australian sports internet site reported that the winner of the Ganoy-Narh showdown will become the No.2 contender for Nate Campbell's IBF lightweight title. The site said the "heavy- hitting African from Ghana now lives in Pittsburgh.

Columns
Canelo Demands $100 Million for Crawford Rematch
Canelo Demands $100 Million for Crawford Rematch
By Dong Secuya

When fight figures cross into nine-digit guarantees, the conversation usually turns cynica…

Comments

Share your thoughts on the above article by Ronnie Nathanielsz.

Read our community comment guidelines here