Friday, 21 August 2026 · Philippines
News

CONCEPCION RETURNS APRIL 26 AGAINST DANIELS

Columns
Canelo Demands $100 Million for Crawford Rematch
Canelo Demands $100 Million for Crawford Rematch
By Dong Secuya

When fight figures cross into nine-digit guarantees, the conversation usually turns cynica…

If the fight record of his opponent Torrence Daniels as reported by boxrec.com is any indication, then North American Boxing Federation super bantamweight champion Bernabe Concepcion should have an easy fight when he clashes with the American from Colorado on April 26 in Queretaro, Mexico.

The hard-hitting Concepcion has an impressive ring record of 24-1-1 with 13 knockouts while Daniels has a record of 10-3-1 with 4 knockouts and hasn?t fought a ten rounder based on the boxrec details. In his last fight on September 29, Daniels scored a unanimous four round decision over Eloy Varos and had earlier lost a six round decision to undefeated Jesus Rojas.

The 33 year old Daniels will have a hard time against the solidly-built Concepcion who has loads of power and is coming off an impressive title defense against Juan Ruiz in a fight that impressed WBC president Don Jose Sulaiman who said the Filipino connected with the cleaner and more telling blows against the aggressive Ruiz.

Concepcion won the NABF title with a sensational fourth round TKO over fancied Gabriel Elizondo on August 4, 2007. He dropped Elizondo in the third round and then put him away with a wicked left-right combination.

Concepcion who is managed by former boxer and now also a trainer Aljoe Jaro will fight Daniels on the undercard of the light middleweight showdown between Julio Cesaar Chavez Jr (35-0-1, 28 KO?s) and Guiseppe Longa who is also undefeated with a record of 24-0-1, 6 KO?s).

Aljoe Jaro told Viva Sports/Manila Standard Today that Concepcion was being lined up for a title shot against IBF super bantamweight champion Steve Molitor (27-0, 10 KO's) of Canada who successfully defended his title with a unanimous twelve round decision over Mexico's Fernando Beltran Jr (30-3-1, 18 KO's in Ontario, Canada yesterday.

Columns
Canelo Demands $100 Million for Crawford Rematch
Canelo Demands $100 Million for Crawford Rematch
By Dong Secuya

When fight figures cross into nine-digit guarantees, the conversation usually turns cynica…

Comments

Share your thoughts on the above article by Ronnie Nathanielsz.

Read our community comment guidelines here