Filipino boxing icon Manny Pacquiao can't understand what the fuss is all about regarding his scuba diving in Cebu while his opponent WBC lightweight champion David Diaz was training in Chicago for their June 28 showdown at the Mandalay Bay Resort Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas.
Pacquiao who was at special ringside at the Cebu Coliseum to watch the ?Back on Track? fight card of well-known promoter Sammy Gello-ani told Viva Sports/Manila Standard Today that his scuba diving was meant to ?quickly cure the gash I suffered? in the March 15 battle with Juan Manuel Marquez as well as ?strengthen my skin.?
Pacquiao said ?its true that Diaz is strong and we cannot be overconfident. We have to train hard.? In fact he said he has been training since Last April 28 in General Santos City as well as the gym of close friend and confidant Rex ?Wakee? Salud in Cebu and the Wild Card gym of former business manager Rod Nazario in BF Homes,Paranaque.
Pacquiao said he had ?no problem moving up in weight (135 pounds) but can?t take him (Diaz) lightly because he is strong at 135 pounds and would not have become a world champion if he was not good.?
Asked about a possible unification bout because of the fact that IBF/WBA champion Nate Campbell and WBO Interim champion Joel Casamayor were eager to fight him, Pacquiao said ?it all depends on the negotiations and the plans of my promoter Bob Arum after this fight.? However, Pacquiao emphasized ?so far I am concentrating on my coming fight on June 28.?
Responding to what he perceived as criticism by some others Pacquiao said ?I just pray to God because He knows what kind of person I am and that I have not wronged anybody. Let the Lord take care.?
Comments
Share your thoughts on the above article by Ronnie Nathanielsz.