Friday, 21 August 2026 · Philippines
News

DONAIRE IS IN VEGAS FOR PACQUIAO-DIAZ FIGHT

Columns
Canelo Demands $100 Million for Crawford Rematch
Canelo Demands $100 Million for Crawford Rematch
By Dong Secuya

When fight figures cross into nine-digit guarantees, the conversation usually turns cynica…

IBF flyweight champion Nonito ?The Filipino Flash? Donaire is in Las Vegas for the ?Lethal Combination? battle of champions between WBC super featherweight champion Manny Pacquiao and WBC lightweight champion David Diaz at the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino on Sunday, Manila Time.

In a brief conversation with Viva Sports, Donaire who will work the fight for Solar Sports alongside Quinito Henson and Chino Trinidad said he was also in Las Vegas for a news conference on Thursday (US Time) that would clear up his promotional options since manager Cameron Dunkin was able to secure his release from promoter Gary Shaw.

Solar Sports will telecast the fights over GMA 7 as well as pay-per-view platforms on SkyCable, Destiny Cable and Dream Satellite television on Sunday morning Manila Time.

Indications are that Donaire would link up with Top Rank promoter Bob Arum although he said nothing is definite as yet.

Reports previously said Donaire would see action on either July 26 on the Miguel Cotto-Antonio Margarito WBA welterweight championship on August 2 or more likely on the undercard of the Zab Judah - Joshua Clottey battle for the vacant IBF welterweight title also in Las Vegas.

Columns
Canelo Demands $100 Million for Crawford Rematch
Canelo Demands $100 Million for Crawford Rematch
By Dong Secuya

When fight figures cross into nine-digit guarantees, the conversation usually turns cynica…

Comments

Share your thoughts on the above article by Ronnie Nathanielsz.

Read our community comment guidelines here